Welcome to Georgie’s Cottage of Penola, the Limestone Coast’s oldest town.
Capture that sense of history and old world charm that has been perfectly complemented by modern conveniences and touches of luxury to make this delightful century old cottage a self contained relaxing retreat.
Accommodation for just one couple in this charmingly renovated 1880s cottage set in private tranquil gardens offers a perfect getaway for that special occasion, travel stopover, winetasting experience and to discover why everyone talks about the world famous Coonawarra. Enjoy the indulgence of premium self contained accommodation located mid way between Adelaide and Melbourne.
Appreciate the convenience and atmosphere of Georgie’s Cottage which is an easy walk to the main street, top end restaurants and laid back cafes, Mary MacKillop Interpretive Centre, art galleries and specialty shops. Over 24 Coonawarra Cellar door sales are only minutes away for tasting of our local wines.
Surrounded by history, cafes and galleries makes Georgies cottage the perfect central base from which to enjoy all that other areas of the Limestone Coast have to offer. Much thought and attention to detail has been given to ensure your stay is a truly memorable and comfortable one, whether only 1 night or a package for longer. Your home away from home.
Furnished for comfort, Georgie’s Cottage is an authentic 1880’s renovated cottage which
exclusively accommodates one couple.
Our facilities include:
– One queen sized bed ensemble with electric blanket
– Two person spa, double shower and bathrobes
– Fully appointed kitchen with dishwasher
– Split system air-conditioning for heating and cooling
– Cosy wood fire (May to September)
– LCD Television, DVD player & DVD’s, CD sound system & CD’s, books & scrabble
– Laundry facilities include washer/dryer, iron and ironing board
– Sofa bed in lounge room available if required for extra person
– BBQ facilities & outdoor setting in private courtyard
– At Georgie’s we only use quality linen & towels
– Generous supply of toiletries
– Ample off street parking
Centrally located for an easy walk to shops and restaurants
Peace and tranquillity in fresh country air
Wherever it fits… original watercolours by local artist hanging on walls.